Vacancy : Director of Membership and Digital
The European Movement UK is looking for an experienced and passionate Director of Membership and Digital to join our team.
About the European Movement UK
The European Movement UK is a cross-party organisation working to benefit the UK through a stronger trade and cultural relationship with the EU. We are powered by more than 12,000 members, some 160,000 supporters, 120+ local groups, and our strong networks in Westminster and communities throughout the UK.
Post-Brexit our organisation is growing fast, and building bridges with the rest of Europe is more important than ever. The hard Brexit deal negotiated at the end of 2020 was bad for the UK economy: our role is to give a voice to farmers, fishers, small business owners and teachers whose livelihoods are on the line. As the government negotiates new trade deals around the world, we will play a critical role in protecting the standards we currently enjoy – from environmental and food welfare standards, to workers’ rights.
At this pivotal time, we are looking for a Director of Membership and Digital to drive an ambitious strategy for rapid membership growth, and lead digital strategy, innovating to deliver cutting edge digital political communications, innovative digital campaigns infrastructure and platforms that drive highly efficient and effective supporter engagement. We are looking for candidates with an impressive track record of supporter or member growth in a comparable political or campaigning organisation, who know how to act on audience insight, find new routes to market and optimise our digital supporter journeys to maximise supporters’ engagement with the European Movement. You will have experience of leading digital innovation and be an exceptional project manager and leader of people, with experience of leading through change.
About the role
Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Membership and Digital will lead the European Movement UK on two critical areas.
- An ambitious strategy to rapidly grow our membership and become a mass membership organisation within 5 years;
- A digital strategy that delivers on the European Movement’s strategic objectives to shift public opinion and grow our movement, including cutting edge digital political communications, innovative digital campaigns infrastructure and platforms that drive highly efficient and effective supporter engagement
For more information about the role's key responsibilities, the key competencies, and required experience please read the role profile document below linked at the bottom of this page.
||£45,000 - £50,000
||Full time (35 hours per week)
||Flexible. This role can be home based or based at our London office in Chancery Lane. You will be required to attend regular team meetings at the London office.
|Deadline for applications
||9am on Thursday 07 October 2021
Week beginning 11 and 18 October 2021 (exact days to be confirmed)
Apply for the role
- Read the Role Profile and Person Specification Document
- Click on the link below to access the application system
- Read the "How to Apply" page on the application system
- Complete the application form
- Complete and submit our Diversity Monitoring Form
DIRECT APPLICATIONS ONLY PLEASE
Prospective enquiries from agencies, and applications made through agencies, will not be considered