Brexit is having a huge impact on people’s lives, businesses and communities. We’re just a couple of months into Brexit and already there are so many stories of the damage Brexit is doing – here are eight of the most shocking:
1. “My disabled child has no wheelchair due to Brexit red tape”:
2. “It’s not good, this situation. For me it’s too much paperwork, too much wait, wait, all the time is wait. This is not good”:
British freight traders say European truck drivers could simply choose not to deliver to the UK over post-Brexit red tape. https://t.co/HoIOY4oADw— euronews (@euronews) January 16, 2021
3. The livelihoods and businesses of those in the fishing industry have been severely negatively impacted just like Peter:
"I would never have voted for #Brexit if I knew we were going to lose our jobs"— European Movement UK (@euromove) December 29, 2020
This thin Brexit deal is bad for our British Businesses and for people like Peter.
The impact of extra red tape is already being felt in people’s livelihoods. #BadDeal4Britain https://t.co/ToMpmtty17
4. EU Citizens living in the UK, like Lucrezia, are already experiencing what Brexit means for their lives:
Lucrezia was 2 months old when she arrived in the UK.— the3million (@the3million) February 4, 2021
She was rejected Permanent Residency under the old system, then successfully applied for settled status, only to receive another Home Office rejection for her citizenship.
Listen to her #CitizenshipStory to find out more: pic.twitter.com/h2eCgYnCFL
5. “We are not even able to export at all at the moment” - excessive red tape is forming barriers to trade for businesses like Andrew’s:
"My German customer's asking for prices..I don't have a clue because there's no option to export"— Heart Scotland News (@HeartScotNews) January 31, 2021
A year since the UK left the EU, we spoke to Andrew from @MacDuffBeef. His 130-year-old family firm haven't been able to export since the end of the transition period. #HeartNews pic.twitter.com/1tszkZPX8P
6. Kent beekeeper Patrick has been told that fifteen million bees he wants to bring into the UK may be seized and burned because of post-Brexit laws:
Beekeeper Patrick Murfet wants to bring 15 million bees into the UK for his Kent business and to help farmers pollinate valuable crops, but he has been told they may be seized and burned because of post-Brexit laws❗https://t.co/z6M3i1Z6uF— European Movement UK (@euromove) February 3, 2021
7. Since new Brexit rules came into force, six-year-old Indie Rose from Suffolk can no longer access a prescription she and fifty other children depend on:
This is a truly tragic consequence of #Brexit: since new rules came into force at the beginning of the year, six-year-old Indie Rose from Suffolk can no longer access a prescription she and fifty other children depend on. https://t.co/gyjouXYXxM— European Movement UK (@euromove) January 20, 2021
8. “The most difficult week I’ve had in this job in 20 years... it’s been sleepless nights and a lot of stress”:
Brexit: 'Most difficult week I've had in this job in 20 years' https://t.co/IeVjWXZa31— Derby for Europe (@Derby4Europe) January 18, 2021
We know that Brexit has had an impact on so many people up and down the country, and we want to know how Brexit has impacted you. Has it impacted your job, your business, how much it costs to shop?
Let us know here: